Family Fun Run/Walk - 5K, 10K, 10 Mile + 1 Mile Keiki Run Hosted by Kukui'ula Outrigger Canoe Club
Photos by Harry Guiremand and Kenjic Studios.
Join us on Facebook
There is a family discount of $5 per person for 4 to 6 people in a family.
Family Fun Run Offers Healthy Fun for Everyone!Four different course lengths for you to choose from depending on your ability, endurance and motivation! The choice of courses allows you to test your endurance or just stroll along while enjoying some of the most beautiful ocean views on Kauai’s South Shore.
Prizes, race jerseys, food and drinks along with free mini massages will be available to all participants. Awards will be given for 1st through 3rd place for each race course as well as for the winners in each age group division. Special awards will be given to all youth 12 years and under who participate!
Representatives from UH’s Children’s Healthy Living Program will be on hand to participate.
NOTE: temporary road closures and/or traffic delays from 7am - 10am.
Choose Your Distance - Choose to Race... or Walk!
Time: Officials Area opens at 6:00am
Late Registration: 6:00am-7:00am
Late charge of $5 extra applies to all registration on day of race.
10 Mile Run Start: 7:00am
5K & 10K Run Start:7:30am
1 Mile Keiki Run Start: 9:30am
Late Registration and Packet Pick Up: Saturday, July 25, 1pm-5pm
Poipu Beach Park
Race Course Directions & Maps: 10 mile will start first @ 7:00 a.m.
• Head straight up Hoowili Rd
• Turn right on Poipu Rd and head straight towards the Hyatt (a little less than a mile), turn around and run westward on Poipu road
• Turn left on Kapili Road and head straight
• Turn right on Hoonani Rd continue over the bridge
• Turn left on Lawa’i Rd then continue on to a slight detour and turn into Hoona Rd (this road runs right back on to Lawa’i rd, it adds distance for the 10K)
• Once back onto Lawa’i road the run continues on to Kukuiula Harbor
• Turn left on Amio Rd
• Turn right on Alana Rd (the 10K runners will be turning on the corner of Lawa’i Rd and Alana Rd)
• Turn left back on to Lawa’i road and continue on to the end of the road to the turn around point at the entrance to Allerton Gardens. Then reverse the entire run with the exception that they run straight back to Poipu Beach Park and not go to the Hyatt.
5K/10K will start @ 7:30 a.m.
• Head straight up Hoowili Rd
• Turn left on Poipu Rd heading west
• Turn left on Kapili Road heading makai
• Turn right on Hoonani Rd (5K Runners will turn around right before the bridge)
• 10K runners continue over the bridge
• Turn left on Lawa’i road
• Detour onto Hoona Rd then back on to Lawa’i Rd
• Head to Kukuiula Harbor turning left on Amio Rd, then right on Alana Rd and turn around @ the intersection and run the same course back to Poipu Beach Park.
Keiki 1 Mile Fun Run starts at 9:30am and is all within Poipu Beach Park.
Sponsored by Holo Holo Charters, Tortilla Republic Grill & Margarita Bar, Outrigger Hotels & Resorts Kiahuna Plantation (recommended accommodations), Living Foods Market & Cafe, Coldwell Banker Makai Properties, Kona Red, Kauai Springs Water, Kalaheo Chiropractic & Massage Center, Kauai Athletic Club, O.F.F. / Organic Functional Fitness Kauai, Papalani Gelato and Kalaheo Yoga.
This event is a fundraiser for Kukui'ula Outrigger Canoe Club. A portion of the proceeds will also be donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Kauai in the name of Get Fit Kauai.
Date: Sunday, July 26th, 2015
Time: 7:00 am - 10:00 am
Admission: Race Fee: $30.
1-mile Keiki Run: $15.
Contact: (310) 968-8856
Poipu Beach Park off Poipu Road
Poipu Beach Park off Poipu Road. Public parking at Poipu Beach Park.
Directions from Google Maps
Like this event? Check out more events like this one at Koloa Plantation Days: